MySQL sys version 1.2.0 has just been released.
All views now work with MySQL 5.7.5, and the ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY changes.
There is also a new script available (generate_sql_file.sh) that will allow RDS users to easily generate a single SQL file, using a specified user, that can be loaded in to an RDS instance. See the README for details on how to use that.
Here’s a full summary of the other changes:
Backwards Incompatible Changes
- The host_summary_by_stages and user_summary_by_stages wait_sum and wait_avg columns were renamed to total_latency and avg_latency respectively, for consistency.
- The host_summary_by_file_io_type and user_summary_by_file_io_type latency column was renamed to total_latency, for consistency.
- Made the truncation length for the format_statement view configurable. This includes adding a new persistent sys_config table to store the new variable – statement_truncate_len – see the README for usage
- Added total_latency to the schema_tables_with_full_table_scans view, and added an x$ counterpart
- Added innodb_buffer_free to the schema_table_statistics_with_buffer view, to summarize how much free space is allocated per table in the buffer pool
- The schema_unused_indexes view now ignores indexes named PRIMARY (primary keys)
- Added rows_affected and rows_affected_avg stats to the statement_analysis views
- The statements_with_full_table_scans view now ignores any SQL that starts with SHOW
- Added a script, generate_sql_file.sh, that can be used to generate a single SQL file, also allowing substitution of the MySQL user to use, and/or whether the SET sql_log_bin … statements should be omitted. This is useful for those using RDS, where the root@localhost user is not accessible, and sql_log_bin is disabled (Issue #5)
- Added a set of memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes views, that summarize memory usage per thread with MySQL 5.7’s memory instrumentation
- Improved each of the host specific views to return aggregate values for background threads, instead of ignoring them, in the same way as the user summary views
- Added the missing memory_by_host view for MySQL 5.7
- Added missing space for hour notation within the format_time function
- Fixed views affected by MySQL 5.7 ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY and functional dependency changes